2.What information the Site collects
Information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you use certain Site functions, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the Site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
• contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
• correspondence you send to us;
• search query conducted on the Site; and
• information posted on the Site.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the Site:
When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
• your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• your browser type and operating system;
• the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
• activities within community discussions;
• web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site;
• your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
• aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
• standard server log information; and
• information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
• if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services;
• demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
• advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad; and
• unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
• Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third party sources.
3.How we use the information that we collect
With your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you notifications, updates or other services.
In order to provide our readers with free access to our content, we may display advertisements on the Site, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach Site visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested. For more information on how cookies and other technologies work, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfil your requests. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyse the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyse use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users. In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Information Sharing
The Trust values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
• We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that may advertise on the Site.
• We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
• If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
• We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s content, or as otherwise required by law.
• We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
• In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
5. Third-party services
To customize your experience on the Site and to simplify the Site’s registration process, we may provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the Site through these third-party services, we may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with us.
When you allow us to access your data through a third-party service to create a Site profile, we may use this data for several purposes, including:
• Creating relationships automatically within our system.
• Suggesting relationships.
• Populating a list of potential friends to whom you can send emails.
• Populating a list of potential friends to whom you can send service-specific messages.
To enhance and personalize your experience on the Site.
Please note that you may disconnect third party accounts at any time. You also may be able to modify your privacy settings directly with the third-party service.
Please remember that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third-party service providers.
6. Your choices Deactivating your account
You can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preferences page for your profile. When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the site. The Site has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may update or amend this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Confidentiality and security
We limit access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
9. Questions and suggestions
Cookies and other technologies
As is standard practice on many websites, we may set and access cookies, web beacons, Flash cookies, and other technologies on your computer. Please note that third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers, may also set and access cookies, web beacons, Flash cookies, and other technologies on your computer when you visit the Site.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer’s browser. Web sites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer.
• To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting the Site;
• To help us customize the content and advertisements you see when you visit the Site;
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications; and
• To track Site analytics and use, and to improve Site services.
You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser. In addition, many third-party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To opt out of having information collected by NAI member companies used for behavioural advertising, to obtain information about the technologies these ad networks might use, and to view information regarding their privacy policies, please visit their site.
2. Web Beacons
We may use web beacons (also called transparent GIFs, web bugs, pixels, or action tags). These technologies are strings of code that deliver a tiny graphic image on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file served as part of a web page can act as a web beacon.
We use web beacons for various tracking purposes, like determining whether or not you are logged into the Site and whether or not you are connected to a third-party service.
Third parties also may use web beacons on the Site to receive auditing, research, and reporting information, or to understand your interests and select and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
3. Flash cookies
Some of the Site’s third-party partners may use Flash cookies, otherwise known as locally shared objects (LSOs), to track user behaviors in various ways. LSOs keep collections of cookie-like data stored in a directory on a user’s computer, and are installed through Adobe’s Flash video player.
You can control how Flash cookies are used by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here. Adobe enables you to allow some Flash cookies from certain websites, limit Flash cookies’ storage capacity, and disallow Flash cookies altogether. In addition, if you use Mozilla Firefox for your Internet browser, you can download the Better Privacy add-on to automatically delete your Flash cookies every time you close your browser.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the Site, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
Third-party online advertising
Some of the advertisements you see on the Site are selected and delivered by third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the Site or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in an effort to understand your interests and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
These third parties may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for advertising purposes. For example, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which provides a single location where you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To opt out, please visit the NAI’s website.
Please note that if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on the Site, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
1. Device Information
Some mobile phone carriers are required to operate a system that pinpoints the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the carrier, we may automatically receive this information. If you elect to use certain location based services (such as GPS assisted navigation instruction, tagging, or checking-in), we may collect your precise location. By using Trust location based services, you authorize us to locate your device and to record, compile, and display your location. We do not share precise location information or personally identifiable information such as your name or e-mail address with third parties for their independent use without your consent. You may opt-out of providing precise location information at any time by adjusting your device settings.
3. Advertising, Analytics, and Third-Party Providers
You can opt out of receiving targeted ads when you browse the web on your mobile device. Please note that your opt-out choice will apply only to the browser and device you are using when you opt out.
You can opt out of receiving targeted ads in mobile apps by following the instructions in Mobile Device Choices. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from Facebook/Other Social Media by following the instructions provided at Advertising on Facebook/Other Social Media.
You can stop collection of information by Trust apps by uninstalling them using the standard uninstall process available on your device or via the application marketplace or network from which you installed the app.